Wednesday 22 June 2011

Meningitis Research Foundation Symposium 2011

As of last Thursday I feel a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders, as I gave an emotional talk to MRF helpline staff, academics, and consultants about Princess' birth, diagnosis with GBS Meningitis, and the after effects on her and us as a family.

I posted a lot about her birth on pregnancy websites to raise awareness about Group B Strep testing. But it is a very difficult thing to say it out loud, reliving the painful emotions of her time in intensive care as well as how it still affects us as a family. I do hope some good has come of it. MRF are really keen to develop a GBS vaccine, but I could not stress enough that pregnant women should be routinely tested for GBS with reliable tests now whilst we wait for this vaccine.

No comments:

Post a Comment