Monday 21 January 2013

What Can I Do with Celeriac?

Don't get me wrong.  I love celeriac.  But I only seem to do three things with it;

1. Celeriac Mash
Substitute one spud for a handful of skinned and roughly celeriac.  Boil in salted water together with the potato and a peeled clove of garlic for 15 minutes.  Drain and mash with some butter and milk.

2. Celeri Rape (Coleslaw)
Grate peeled celeriac.  Toss in the juice of half a lemon to stop it turning brown.  Stir in equal amounts of plain yoghurt and mayonnaise, about 1 heaped dessertspoon of each, a teaspoon of Dijon mustard, about 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and pepper and salt to season.  This was regularly served as a starter in the canteen when I was at university in France.

3. Hugh's 5 Root Vegetable Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment