Friday 13 June 2014

Tinned Tomato Gazpacho


Last year I posted my parents tried and tested Gazpacho recipe, but I have to say nine times out of 10 I now make a cheaper version with tinned tomatoes and save tasty summer tomatoes for a tomato salad.

Serves 4

1 tin tomatoes
1/4 medium onion
1/2 cucumber
1 small clove garlic, peeled
1/2 red pepper 
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
Large pinch of salt
1/2 tin cold water

Roughly chop the larger ingredients and liquidise in a blender until smooth.  

My blender jug has measurements up the side and I found that it makes the right quantity and texture if you top it up to the 1 litre mark with chilled water after a first blitz to liquidise. 

Chill if you have time or serve with a few ice cubes to keep cool.

Instagram: leesashomemade
Facebook: Leesa's Homemade
Twitter: leesashomemade


No comments:

Post a Comment