Saturday 9 May 2015

Thai Jungle Curry with Pork

Unusually for nowadays the kids ate something different to us at their tea time because they had a friend round for tea. So that gave me the opportunity to try something new for the grown-ups.  I am due to cook a Thai curry for my curry night in a few weeks so I thought I'd try a different Thai dish and jungle curry seemed just the ticket, with relatively few ingredients and a short cooking time.  This is a soupy curry.

Serves 4
400g diced pork
2 tbsp cooking oil
2 tbsp red curry paste (recipe I based this on said 4tbsp!)
1 aubergine, diced (I didn't have any so used spring greens!)
1/2 mug peas or sliced beans
10cm ginger, finely sliced
2 baby corn cut into about 3 (optional)
400ml chicken stock (or water)
4tbsp fish sauce
5 kaffir lime leaves , stems removed and finely sliced
1/2-1 tsp dried chilli flakes
Holy basil (optional)

Fry the curry paste in the cooking oil for a couple of minutes then add the pork and add for another couple of minutes.  Add the rest of the ingredients, apart from the peas/beans and holy basil if using, together with the chicken stock and bring to the boil.  Simmer for 10 minutes then add the remaining ingredients and simmer for another 5 minutes.  Check the seasoning and add more salt/fish sauce as required.  Serve over Thai fragrant rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment