Monday 22 October 2018

Katsu Curry Curried Parsnip Soup


My kids kind of like Curried Parsnip Soup but today, at lunchtime, I had a flash of inspiration as I was chopping the vegetables up to turn it into Katsu Sauce (which they love) Soup.  After all, parsnips are sweet like the honey I usually add to my Katsu Sauce.

Serves 4-6

1 large onion, peeled and roughly chopped
1 large clove of garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
1 large carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
2 medium sized parsnips, peeled and roughly chopped
1 tbsp sunflower oil
1 tbsp medium curry powder
1 tbsp garam masala
2 vegetable or chicken stock cubes
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp honey

Fry all the vegetables for a few minutes over a medium heat to soften them and give them a bit of colour.  Add the curry powder and garam masala , stir through and cook for another minute or so then add 1 litre of just boiled water and the stock cubes.  Bring to the boil and simmer with a lid on for 20-30 minutes.

Liquidise and add honey and soy sauce to taste. As you can see I added a pinch of chilli to mine.

Twitter: leesashomemade
Instagram: leesashomemade
Facebook: Leesa's Homemade

No comments:

Post a Comment