Saturday 14 August 2021

Salade Niçoise, French Tuna Salad


It turns out there are quite a few versions of Salade Nicoise, and I was going to stick my neck out and say the only thing that people agree on is that it has tuna and egg, but I’m not feeling that bold. 

On a hot summer’s evening in the South of France this is what I made 

Serves 4-5
A big handful of washed, chopped lettuce per person
1kg cooked and chilled salad potatoes, sliced
1/2 sweet onion, sliced 
1 large beef tomato cut into bite sized chunks
1/2 a cucumber cut into chunky half moons
2 tins tuna, drained
1 hard boiled egg per person, chilled, peeled, and quartered
About 10 black (or green) olives per person
Olive oil
Red wine vinegar
Pepper & salt

Assemble in the order listed above. I served it up on 5 pasta bowls, trying to cater for everyone’s likes and dislikes - my disabled daughter can’t chew lettuce, other daughter doesn’t like tomato, I don’t like egg...

You could make a vinaigrette dressing but I just put the oil and vinegar in the table and let people do it themselves. 

Instagram: leesashomemade
Facebook: Leesa's Homemade
Twitter: leesashomemade

No comments:

Post a Comment