Friday 19 April 2013

Spicy Thai Peanut & Noodle Salad


I notice from searching my blog that the last time I made a Spicy Thai Noodle Salad was a year ago, as this is the time of year that my homegrown coriander blooms.

Today I made it to sell at my Curry Night, but thankfully I had enough left for a light lunch.


Spicy Thai Peanut & Noodle Salad

Serves 2 as a light lunch

1 layer Sharwoods Fine Egg Noodles
100g unsalted peanuts
1 small onion, finely sliced
2 sticks of celery, finely sliced
2 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
2 cherry tomatoes, finely sliced
Juice of half a lemon
2 tbsp fish sauce
Half a small bunch of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
1/2 tsp extra strong chilli flakes

As I think it best to leave this salad as long as possible to let the flavours develop, mix all the ingredients apart from the noodles together in a large mixing bowl first.

Then cook the noodles according to the instructions on the packet. Drain, return to the pan and run in cold water, turning the noodles with your hands until they feel cool. Drain again and add to the vegetables and mix.  I snip the noodles a few times in the mixing bowl into 3-5cm lengths with large scissors to make them easier to mix in but by all means try without snipping if you want.

Goes well with beer, white wine and sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment