Tuesday 28 January 2014

Smoked Salmon & Cream Cheese Pate & Pasta Sauce

Trying to think of fish dishes to slip past my fish wary youngsters I opted for smoked salmon & cream cheese pasta sauce, as I think they kind of like smoked salmon and what's not to like about cream cheese.

The reaction was a little less enthusiastic than I had hoped.  Princess said she liked it but wouldn't want it, Big Boy wanted extra cheddar cheese on his, and Sprout said she wouldn't mind it again if it didn't have lemon in it.

I find it delicious and really moreish.

Serves 6
200g pack of smoked salmon trimmings
250g cream cheese
1/2 a small garlic clove
Juice of half a lemon
Pepper & salt
A big pinch of paprika (optional)

Simply blitz together all the ingredients in a mini food processor until smooth.  Add a little milk, a teaspoon at a time, if it needs a little more liquid to blend smoothly.  Melt into hot pasta or toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment