Thursday 30 January 2014

Lemon Curd Tarts

Remember that Lemon Curd I made?  Well I sold two jars at the Alresford Country Market, leaving me one jar to turn into Steamed Lemon Sponge Pudding (recipe to follow at some point) and some lemon curd tarts for the Infant School Friday Cafe.

The pastry was from the freezer, as I'd made a block of it from my new discovered easy pastry recipe.

To make Lemon Curd Tarts just roll out your pastry as thin as a £1 coin, cut out circles to fit in a shallow muffin tray.  Put in a heaped teaspoon of lemon curd in each tart and bake for 15-20 minutes at 200C (180C Fan Oven).  Take them out when the pastry is nicely golden and the curd has melted to a smooth flat pool (it will wrinkle a bit when cool as in the photo).

Leave to cool for 5 minutes before removing, carefully, from the baking tray to cool further.  Best eaten the same day as I learnt the pastry goes slightly soft if stored in an airtight container overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment