Monday 24 February 2014

Just Fennel Coleslaw

We love fennel, but I fear we are very unimaginative with it.  Until this weekend it was either blanched then grilled with olive oil and garlic, or put into a tomatoey fish stew.

But this weekend Dad suggested we did something different with it.  So I googled 'fennel recipes' and read out some of the titles.  At the third - coleslaw - he stopped me and said that was it.

I had thought we'd add a few more ingredients to our slaw, but as I entrusted all the shopping to him I was found myself making it with just fennel, and our now traditional slaw sauce taken from Jamie Oliver's Best Winter Veg Coleslaw

Serves 4 as a side

1 bulb of fennel
1 heaped tsp french mustard
1 heaped dessertspoons Greek Yoghurt (I used my homemade yoghurt!)
2 dessertspoons olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste

Very thinly slice the fennel.  I used the slicing attachment on a food processor.  Add the other ingredients and mix thoroughly.  Season to taste.

This simple coleslaw was delicious and very moreish and will feature in our eating a lot more now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment