Monday 17 March 2014

Quick Failsafe Chocolate Brownies

Several years ago I printed out a chocolate brownie recipe that worked a treat.  Only problem was that I lost the print-out.  I tried other recipes, including some from tv chefs, but none were as good as my 'original' recipe.

To my complete delight I found the recipe about 6 months ago, and after making these twice over the weekend for my birthday Princess and assembled family members, I must now post the recipe on my blog so as never to lose it again.

Makes approximately 12 slices

100g dark chocolate
110g butter
100g sugar
100g chopped walnuts or white chocolate drops (I used white choc above)
2 large eggs
50g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder

Preheat oven 180°C.

Line a small high sided flapjack/baking tray with greaseproof paper. 

Snap the dark chocolate into squares into a small microwave proof bowl. Add the butter and microwave for 30 seconds on high.  Stir, then microwave again for up to 30 seconds to melt the chocolate and butter.  Leave to one side.

In a larger mixing bowl, weigh out the flour, sugar, and baking powder.  Whisk with a fork then add the chopped nuts or white chocolate.

Beat the eggs thoroughly into the chocolate and butter mixture then pour this into the larger mixing bowl with the dry ingredients.  Stir in well with a spatula then scrape out into the baking tray.  Spread the mixture into the corners with the spatula.

Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.  Turn the tray round then bake for another 10 minutes.  Take out of the oven to cool.  You can flip this out to cool by placing a clean chopping board on top of your baking tray with the hot brownies in, then carefully flipping this over.  Peel off the greaseproof paper, then put the wire cooling rack top of the upside down brownies on the chopping board and flip this back over to get your brownies back up the right way on the cooling tray.  DO NOT try to pick the brownies out of the baking tray by picking up the greaseproof paper.  I learnt to my cost that you that the brownie just crumbles into the middle!

10 minutes cooling should be enough so as not to scald the mouths of small children.



No comments:

Post a Comment