Saturday 25 August 2018

Simple Houmous


I am starting to teach my kids to cook/prepare the recipes they love.

I taught my 12 year old daughter's how to make Chickpea Salad a few weeks ago, and now Houmous. 

1 can cooked chickpeas
1 tbsp tahini paste
Juice of half a lemon
1 tbsp olive oil
Large pinch of salt
1/2 tsp cumin powder (optional - I first had Houmous in Egypt where this was sprinkled on top)

Drain the chickpeas, reserving the liquid, and place everything in a food processor.  Blitz until smooth, adding a little chickpea water if it is too thick.

I see the trend is to have 'flavoured' humous ie caramelised onion, red pepper, sweet chilli.  I never add anything to mine, but you could try adding a caramelised onion, half a red pepper, or a tablespoon or two of sweet chilli sauce to the mix...

Twitter: leesashomemade
Instagram: leesashomemade
Facebook: Leesa's Homemade

No comments:

Post a Comment