Sunday 21 July 2019

Middle Eastern Broad Beans


I never used to be a fan of broad beans until I had an Egyptian dish of Ful Medames.  The dried broad beans used in this dish are hard to find, and I had largely forgotten about it until I had a bumper harvest of broad beans on my allotment this year.

My partner usually just steams the beans and tosses the warm beans in a little olive oil and crushed garlic.  But left to me to prepare them one day last week I added my Middle Eastern twist...

1kg broad beans
1/2 tbsp olive oil
Small garlic clove, crushed
Squeeze of lime juice
Pinch of salt
Large pinch of ground cumin

Pod the beans and steam for 15-20 minutes until tender.

Toss the warm beans with the rest of ingredients and serve as a warm side dish or cold salad.

Twitter: leesashomemade
Instagram: leesashomemade
Facebook: Leesa's Homemade

No comments:

Post a Comment