Saturday 23 November 2019

Homemade (Palm Oil Free) Peanut Butter


We go through a lot of peanut butter, and I was disappointed to see that cheaper brands use palm oil. So I thought I'd make my own.

100g salted peanuts
1-2tsp sunflower oil
1tsp maple syrup (if vegan) or honey

Simply process the nuts in a mini processor.  The nuts will eventually grind into a smooth butter like consistency.  Adding a little sunflower oil helps speed up this process and makes a looser consistency.   The honey makes it more palatable for younger palates

I guess you could make a crunchy version by taking out half the nuts after you've processed them to a rubble, blend the remaining nuts with the oil and honey until smooth, then stir back in the reserved crunchy bits.
Twitter: leesashomemade
Instagram: leesashomemade
Facebook: Leesa's Homemade

No comments:

Post a Comment