Saturday 23 November 2019

Vegan Mayonnaise



When making Swedish Dill Sauce earlier in the year I realised not only was it vegan, but I could probably make a vegan mayonnaise by varying the ingredients slightly.

Yesterday I tried, and the resulting was so moreish that I forgot to take a photo until after I'd stirred it all through raw sliced fennel.

1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp cider apple vinegar
150 ml sunflower oil
Salt

Place mustard and vinegar in a small liquidiser jug and blitz with a wand until incorporated.

Add the oil one tablespoon at a time, blending well after each spoonful, until all the oil has been added and the mixture has thickened.  If too thick, add a few more drops of vinegar and mix in well to loosen.  Season with salt to taste.

Twitter: leesashomemade
Instagram: leesashomemade
Facebook: Leesa's Homemade

No comments:

Post a Comment