Monday 5 February 2024

Homemade Breakfast Buns


I've begun making homemade breakfast buns for my teens to have for a quick breakfast or packed lunch, in an attempt to reduce their diet of processed meat and breads. 

I make 8 rolls and 8 meat patties at a time and freeze them so they can be taken out the freezer the night before (or microwaved before they run out the door in the morning).  

I use this Homemade Burgers, Patties, or Meatballs recipe.

The buns are my new & improved Soft Baps, Burger Buns, or Rolls recipe.

I freeze the buns and patties separately so that there can be a choice of fillings.  Last week choices were pork & cheddar patties, home cooked sliced ham, or halloumi.  This week I am about to trial making patties from the River Cottage Tupperware Chorizo recipe, using turkey mince as a slightly healthier option.

My children don't always want egg, so this is added on the day of eating if wanted.  Feedback from my son is that a beaten egg cooked in our single egg frying pan is better than a fried egg, to avoid the risk of egg yolk squirting down his school uniform.

Instagram: leesashomemade
Facebook: Leesa's Homemade


No comments:

Post a Comment