Monday 6 February 2012

Carrot Loaf

I first attempted a carrot loaf in the bad old days before I could get a loaf to hold it's shape. So not surprisingly I only succeeded in a tasty but chewy carrot log that the kids wouldn't eat.

But now in the brave new world of breadmaking, and after the chunky grated beetroot bloomer, I thought I'd try to puree cooked carrot to colour the loaf.

The dough needed less water than the recipe with raw carrot said so I had to keep on adding flour to turn it from a sticky mess to a kneadable dough. I have just made it again, this time in the bread maker and put less water in and it appears to have worked again. The kids eat it happily, even when I owned up to them that it was another carrot loaf.

375g white bread flour
150g cooked carrot puree
150ml warm water
1tsp salt
1.5tsp fast acting yeast
15g sunflower oil

No comments:

Post a Comment