Wednesday 2 January 2013

Microwave Banana Porridge

One of my three New Year's resolutions (update what my kids eat or don't on here regularly, and exercise more) was to eat breakfast as well as get my three kids ready for school.  Day 2 and I've nearly forgotten twice and they aren't even back at school!  But after I had got their Ready Brek porridge with fruit puree I thought I'd do similar for myself with 'grown up' porridge oats.

1/2 cup porridge oats
1 cup semi skimmed milk
1 small banana

You can either mash the banana in your empty bowl first, or if like me you forget, slice it on the top of the oats and milk and stir it in.

Microwave uncovered for 2 minutes.  Stir, microwave for 1 minute, stir again, then microwave for another minute watching closely it doesn't boil over and give you yet another cleaning job. 

This came out the microwave piping hot which was useful as I ate it on the go tiding the lounge, helping kids brush teeth, and set up the Wii.

No comments:

Post a Comment