Saturday 15 February 2020

Taramasalata


My weekly attempt to get fish into my kids.  This week I thought I'd make taramasalata, and serve it as a pasta sauce.

Having made the sauce I went out running, leaving a poorly OH to supervise dinner. I gather it wasn't a resounding success, and they would rather have smoked trout pate on pasta.

I am happily eating the leftover sauce on toast for lunch over the weekend.

200g pressed cod's roe
1/4 small onion
100g white bread, crusts removed
2-3 tbsp lemon juice
200ml extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve

Briefly soak the bread in water to soften in and squeeze out gently.

Add all the ingredients and 1 tbsp of the olive oil to a mini food processor. Mix till smooth, then add the remaining oil a little at a time, mixing until well incorporated before adding more.

Serve on pasta, toast, or as a dip.

Twitter: leesashomemade
Instagram: leesashomemade
Facebook: Leesa's Homemade


No comments:

Post a Comment