Friday, 31 July 2026

Rebujito, Andalusian Sherry Cocktail


Two girlfrien's and I recently enjoyed a food & drink packed day trip to Alicante (06.55 flight out, 21.40 flight back) for one friend's 60th birthday.  Between the three of us we drank Sangria, beer, Tinto de Verano (red wine with lemonade), Mojito, Cava, Manzanilla and Fino Sherry.  In the last bar I noticed several Sherry Spritz after I had ordered, so took a photo of the drinks menu and vowed to try at least one at home.

Tonight, on a balmy summer's evening (8pm, and still 22C outside), I have made a Rebujito.  A very simple sherry cocktail. Not technically a Spritz as there is no Prosecco (or Cava).  If you feel so inclined, you could add 60ml of Prosecco and 60ml of 7Up to the sherry.

Serves 1

60ml fino sherry (I used Cream Sherry, hence the caramel colour)
120ml 7Up or Sprite (you want a lemon & lime flavour)
A sprig of mint
A wedge of lemon or lime
Ice

Fill the glass with ice, then add the other ingredients. Mix gently and enjoy.

Instagram: leesashomemade
Facebook: Leesa's Homemade

No comments:

Post a Comment