Saturday, 22 August 2026

Potato, Green Bean & Feta Salad


Still almost inundated with green beans (and the wonderful purple 'Violetto di Trionfo' French climbing beans), I have added them to a Greek style potato salad.

Serves 2 as a lunch

500g salad potatoes
500g green beans, cut into 3cm lengths
1/2 mild red onion, thinly sliced
100g feta
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp dried mint or greek oregano
Salt & pepper

Boil the potatoes whole for 10-20 minutes.  They are ready when a knife slides into them easily without the potato falling apart.  My homegrown potatoes only take 10 minutes, otherwise they fall apart. But some shop bought salad potatoes can take 20 minutes to cook.

Steam the beans over the potatoes for the last 3-5 minutes.  Alternatively microwave in a covered bowl with a couple of tablespoons of water for 4 minutes. I cooked my beans in the air fryer, as I had cooked potatoes leftover from the day before. 

When the potatoes are cooked, drain them and leave to cool. When cool enough to touch, slice into 1cm rounds.

In a serving dish, or individual bowls, layer up the potato followed by the onion, beans, crumbled feta, mint/oregano, then drizzle over the olive oil.  Season to taste.  Can be eaten at room temperature, or cold from the fridge.

Since making this, I have seen a similar recipe adding Kalamata olives, which would be a great addition if you have any.

Instagram: leesashomemade
Facebook: Leesa's Homemade

No comments:

Post a Comment