Came across a TikTok post from @woodsboundoutdoors for Blackberry Soda, and as I have a thicket of fat cultivated blackberries on my allotment, I thought I would give it a go.
Makes 1 litre
1 US cup blackberries
1/4 US cup sugar
Filtered water
Squish the blackberries into a pulp with a fork in a one litre capacity glass jar.
Add in the sugar and fill the jar with water.
Stir and cover with a paper towel secured with an elastic band. Store in dark place for 24 hours, stirring every now and then to keep the berries submerged.
After a day, strain the liquid into a flip top bottle designed to hold carbonated drinks. I used a washed out beer bottle.
Leave the bottle in the dark again for a further 24 hours, then refrigerate.
As we are currently in the midst of a 30C+ heatwave I only left the bottle out for 12 hours. The resulting soda was only very slightly fizzy, but tasted delicious. To find your desired level of fizz will probably take several trials!

No comments:
Post a Comment